Based on the proven concept of the Rotax 912 S/ ULS engine the new 912 iS engine offers all well known advantages of the Rotax 4-stroke engine series complemented by additional features, e.g. engine management system. The complete package presents the latest technology in the aircraft engine industry and will enhance the flying and ownership experience of pilots.
- 4-stroke liquid/air-cooled engine with opposed cylinders
- Dry sump forced lubrication with separate oil tank, automatic adjusted by hydraulic valve tappet
- Redundant electric fuel injection
- Engine management system
- Electric starter
- Propeller speed reduction unit
- Air intake system
TBO — 2000 hours or 15 years of operation..
Warranty service life — 100 operating hours or 6 months after the first run, or 1 year from the date of purchase..
Engine is supplied in two versions:
- ROTAX 912 iS — non-certified;
- ROTAX 912 iSc — certified standards EASA CS-E (will be available after the type certificate).
ROTAX 912 iS and ROTAX 912 iSc have no any structural differences.
The new Rotax 912 iS Sport aircraft engine is a further improvement of the fuel injected Rotax 912 engine series BRP launched in 2012. BRP’s engine of the future, the Rotax 912 iS Sport engine, follows Rotax’ aircraft engine’s core values: outstanding performance combined with low fuel consumption.
The user will appreciate the improved take-off-performance which results in a better climb rate and a shorter take-off-run. These characteristics combined with higher cruise speed make the pilot’s heart beat faster.
* Picture: 912 iS with options.